Welcome to the ChartMill Stock Screener! The Stock Screener allows you to search stocks based on the search criteria you enter. These search criteria include many Technical Analysis and Fundamental Analysis filters, which can be found in the different sections on top. Features include:
- Predifined general filters can be found on the General and Other sections and include items like Price, Volume, Market, Sector, Ownership and many others.
- Predifined Technical Analysis (TA) filters can be found on the Performance, TA Indicators and Support/Resistance sections and include items like Relative Strength, Support and Resistance, Performance, RSI and much much more.
- Predifined Fundamental Analysis (FA) filters are organized in the Dividend, Valuation ,Growth, Profitability and Health sections and include items going from Price Earnings over EPS growth to ROIC. Way over 70 metrics are available.
- Custom filters: On the Custom tab you can create your own custom filters based on any stock property available.
- Save a screener configuration: Once you are happy about your configuration you can save the screen by using the icon.
- Load a saved configuration: When you return you can always load back your saved configurations by using the icon.
- Load a popular liked screen: When you liked a popular screen from the the trading ideas page you can load it directly by using the icon.
- Set a default screener configuration directly from the load menu or on your account page. This configuration will always load by default when you visit the screener.
Below the results header you will see the output of the screen. This is the list of stocks which match your criteria. When you scroll down more stocks will be loaded. How you display the results can be configured:
- Change the view: A view determines which data you see for each individual stock. Many views are available, you can see your results in a table, in charts, or in more elaborate Technical and Fundamental views.
- Set your default view.: Either directly in the view dropdown menu's or on your account page you can configure a default view so it is always loaded automatically when you revisit.
- A Secondary view allows you to combine different views and see 2 views per stock.
- Change the Sorting of stocks: you can rank stocks by many criteria. Use the Sorted by and ASC/DEC dropdowns to change the sorting, or click the table headers.
- Add stocks to watchlists: Each item in the results always has a icon which can be used to add the stock to a watchlist.
- Set Alerts on stocks: Each item in the results always has a icon which can be used to add an alert on the stock.
- Custom Views: At the end of the view dropdown you can pick Create Custom View to create a custom table or 3 column view. You can also start from a predefined view by clicking the icon in the view selection menu.
Many views display charts. The Charts and 2 Charts view display only charts. You can configure your charts from the Chart Settings tab. It is possible to change the timeframe, the type, the period and add or remove many technical indicators.
Note: A secondary chart is only available in views like 2 Charts
Note: Secondary charts allow you to display 2 charts of the same stock next to each other. A popular use case is a Daily and a Weekly chart.
Screen your watchlist
Your watchlists are available and can be used as a filter from the general tab. In the Stock Screener these tickers will act as a filter and your other search criteria will be applied to this list.
Custom Seach Criteria
On the Custom tab you can create custom expressions. These expressions can be nested and hence arbitrarily complex. A simple example of a custom expression would be Open > 14, but with nested expressions much cooler things are possible!
An overview of all properties available for expressions can be found on properties documentation page.
Use the the trading ideas page to get started. It contains many technical and fundamental screens which are fully pre-configured.
Stock Screener Video
The documentation contains a video overview of the stockscreener.