08 How do I create my first stock screen?
In these following steps, we will guide you in creating your first screen with Chartmill:
- On the Chartmill.com website click on Stock Screener in the menu bar.
For this first scan, we’ll hunt for stocks with a minimum price of 5$ and an average traded volume of 500.000 shares showing a golden cross.
- Click on the Price list and select Above 5.
- Click on the Average Volume list and select 50 SMA > 500K
- Click on the Technical tab
- Click on the Signal list and choose Golden Cross
Notice how Chartmill adds (once again) a number next to the tab
- Hover over a ticker with your mouse cursor to retrieve a quick chart of each stock.
- Notice how Chartmill automatically ranks the results in a Table View sorted by relative strength. Of course this can be changed to your preferences!